Buyer’s Guide: The Best Massage Chairs for 2021
Not all massage chairs are created equal! The brand and model your neighbor swears by might not give you the rest and relaxation you need, so researching all of your options is the only way to find the best fit.
But we’re here to tell you everything you need to know about the top-rated massage chairs from the most reputable brands in the industry. Check out our list of the best massage chairs below, including special features, prices, warranty information and color options.
- Massage Chair Terminology
- The 10 Best Massage Chairs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Where to Buy Your Massage Chair
Massage Chair Terminology You Should Know
Before we get started, we should let you know that there will be a few massage chair-specific terms our list. Here’s a quick reference to help you find the features you need.
- 3D Massage: You can adjust the intensity of the massage chair rollers for a more personalized massage.
- 4D Massage: 4D offers a deeper reach than 3D, and can be especially beneficial for people with back and shoulder issues.
- Airbags: Typically located in areas that don’t have rollers, airbags provide a compression massage
- Air Ionizer: Located in the headrest, this technology clears the air of dust, dander and other irritants.
- Body Scanning: The massage rollers will be able to hit your unique pressure points by adjusting and tailoring the rollers to your body.
- Bluetooth: Connect to the speakers in the chair to enjoy music or guided meditation.
- Chromotherapy: This light therapy technique helps balance physical, mental, spiritual and emotional energy.
- L Track: The rollers in an L Track travel from the neck down to the glutes. Sometimes they may even extend down to your hamstrings.
- Memory Settings: You’ll have the ability to save a certain number of custom massages.
- Reflexology: Applies pressure to the soles and tops of the feet to benefit your entire body.
- S Track: An S Track massage chair follows the curve of your body and spine from the neck to the lower back.
- Space Saving: You can set up your massage chair against a wall and when it’s powered on, it will move forward.
- Voice Control: Control your massage by telling your chair which program option you want. Some of the best massage chairs also have Alexa capabilities.
- Zero Gravity: This technique extends your knees and elevates them above your heart, creating a sense of weightlessness that also helps the spine decompress.